PLAN A FIELD TRIP
WHERE EDUCATION MEETS ADVENTURE
Gatorama offers a variety of educational programs for children of all ages. Give your students the opportunity to gain a hands-on understanding of the natural world, by booking an out-of-the-classroom experience your pre-school through high school kids will never forget. It’s their chance to PLAY WILD!
The education department at Gatorama is comprised of highly-trained zoo education instructors. Our staff is passionate about hands-on learning and they will make even the most unsure student feel comfortable. We do not force anyone to participate in activities, but we do encourage them to step outside of their comfort zone. During school programs, it is the responsibility of chaperones to maintain student behavior, and we ask for a 1:12 chaperone/ student ratio.
In order to qualify for our Educational Programs, we require a 10 student minimum.
STEP 1: GET THE DETAILS WORKED OUT
Let’s make it easy for your Principal and Department Head to say YES!
- What dates are you looking at? We ask that you give us 3 options, if possible. Send our Education Coordinator an email with FIELD TRIP in the Subject Line and let’s see what dates we have available.
- Approximately how many students will be attending?
- What time do you plan to leave school?
- How long do you plan to spend at Gatorama? Don’t worry we can help you figure this out.
STEP 2: FILL IN THE PAPERWORK
We know your principal, team leader or department head needs the Field Trip Reservation Form so go ahead and print that out using the link. This will help you fine tune what options your group wants, the number of students, chaperones, and budget.
STEP 3: PLAN YOUR LESSON
It’s almost Alligator Time! Make the most of this learning experience and incorporate it into your lesson plans. Here are some of the topics you may want to discuss with your class:
BEFORE COMING TO GATORAMA
- What type of animal is an Alligator?
- How can you tell the difference between and Alligator and a Crocodile?
- How long have Alligators and Crocodiles been around?
- How have they evolved and adapted to their environments?
- Where to Alligators and Crocodiles Live? This is a great way to practice those mapping skills.
- How did conservation efforts help bring the American Alligator back from the brink of Extinction?
- What is the different between Extinct and Extant?
- What are the bony plates on the back of an Alligator called?
- What did you learn about the teeth of Alligators?
- What is Eco-Tourism and why is it important in places like Florida?
- What are some reasons alligator farmers need to ‘catch’ Alligators? If your students do the Uncle Waders Gatorventure, they will hear all about this.
- How big can an Alligator get? Does he keep growing his entire life? Grandpa has the answer to this question.